The workshop will be based in Arlington, Virginia. Sessions will take place at GMU’s Arlington campus, located at 3351 Fairfax Dr, Arlington, VA 22201. Arlington is convenient for bus and Metro travel to the sites. Accommodation in this area is expensive. We prefer that all participants stay at a single location to encourage collegiality and exchange of ideas. As the workshop begins at 4 pm on Sunday and finishes at 4:30pm on Friday, participants will spend five nights in Arlington.
We have secured rooms for workshop participants at the Holiday Inn Arlington at Ballston, 4610 N. Fairfax Dr, Arlington, Virginia 22203.
The hotel provides:
- a free breakfast each day,
- free Wi-Fi Internet access, and
- complimentary shuttle service to destinations within a one-mile radius.
It is located one mile from GMU’s Arlington campus (a 20 minute walk), and a short walk from the Ballston Metro Station. The hotel shuttle will be available to take participants to the campus each morning for workshop sessions.
Near both the hotel and GMU’s Arlington campus, where the workshop will be held, there are multiple reasonably priced dining options to accommodate different dietary needs for both lunch and dinner. The hotel is offering workshop participants a discounted parking rate of $7 per night.
Workshop June 26-July 1, 2016
- $179/night single occupancy (plus tax) [Total cost for 5 nights: $1011.35]
- $90/double occupancy (plus tax) [Total cost for 5 nights: $505.68]
- Deadline for making a reservation: 5/27/2016
Workshop July 31-August 5, 2016
- $149/night single occupancy (plus tax) [Total cost for 5 nights: $841.85]
- $75/double occupancy (plus tax) [Total cost for 5 nights: $420.93]
- Deadline for making a reservation: 7/1/2016